Slider

A Day of "Research"...Discovering what exactly is a "Lash Lift" and a "Fantasy Tan"!?

Thursday, September 14, 2017

When you work in the beauty industry, one of the great perks is that you get to do “research” on some of the new products and services.


At Polished by Claire V. we recently hired Esthetician, Spray Tan Technician and Lash Artist; Nikki Goins.

With over 6 years of combined experience, Nikki did not disappoint.


I have plans to go out with some friends this weekend so I decided to go ahead and schedule a couple of appointments!

First things first…

Lash Lift/Tint and Brow Tint/Soy Wax

A Lash Lift is where you take the natural eyelashes and basically give them a permanent curl. So they look “lifted”! The idea is for the lashes to stay extended and curled for a more voluminous and naturally pronounced look. The service takes about 1 hour give or take.

Before Lash Tint/Lift Eyebrow Tint/Soy Wax 



Keep in mind BEFORE your appointment:
Arrive with a clean dry face with NO make-up on. The technician does not have time to take make-up off your face.

The pads are placed below and above the lash line so the lashes are exposed. This makes it easier to apply the curl cream and tinting color.

I probably had my eyes closed for just under an hour total, but that wasn’t bad considering I was lying on a heated blanket. I’m surprised I didn’t totally fall asleep. I HAD to stay alert! Remember I’m doing “research”!

Now that the pads are secure and lashes are ready, the curling cream is applied. This smells like the old school perming solution. Not awesome, but it does the trick! For about ten minutes the curling cream sits and does it’s magic.



Then the tinting color is then applied. When you get a Lash Lift and Last Tint, you should go ahead and get your eyebrows tinted too so the hair on your face is one color.

While we were there, I asked if my brows needed freshing up. Nikki couldn’t resist and we went ahead with a brow wax. This was the most pleasant wax I had ever experienced. IT DID NOT HURT! The special soy based wax was very gentle and left my skin smooth.  

Before and After Lash Tint/Lift and Eyebrow Tint/Soy Wax



I am encouraged not to get my lashes wet for about 24 hours, so I will wait to wash my face until tomorrow. The treatment should last 4-6 weeks which I thought sounded like quite a while. Overall, the Lash Lift/Tint and Brow Tint was such a relaxing and different experience! Nikki is obviously VERY patient and has a very gentle touch, not to mention she is extremely passionate and gets excited about what she does!

Spray Tan

It is just me or does a spray tan just make you feel a little more awesome than you did before? Like you instantly took 8 pounds off of your body?

But really, I’m a huge fan of this service. It is a safe way to add a little color on your skin. It can make all the difference when you have something fun planned.

Keep in mind BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:

You MUST workout, exfoliate and shave BEFORE your appointment.

After you shower, do NOT put on lotions, perfume, makeup or deodorant. Wear loose fitting clothes to your appointment.

Also, if you are considering getting your nails done, you MUST have those services BEFORE you get a spray tan.

I like to think of a spray tan as the finishing touch! The longer you leave the spray on without it getting wet the better. Showering a day later is encouraged.

Now on to the service….

I had heard of the brand, Fantasy Tan, and no, not all spray tans are created equal. Fantasy Tan has 5 different soulutions that allow technicians to mix the perfect color to match your skin to and desired darkness. Each formula has the right amount of sunless tanning ingredients and cosmetic bronzers to give you a great looking tan. The Fantasy Tan solution is only the highest quality, and does not make your skin look orange or unnatural. 

The application equipment uses a medical-grade air compressor that is quiet and provides a strong airflow required for a smooth and even application. The Fantasy Tan solutions have been formulated with precise amounts of DHA and does not need to be “caked” on to achieve your desired darkness like other brands do.

As I was standing there waiting to get sprayed, I watched Nikki open what looked like a bottle of wine (no we were not drinking on the job) to mix the perfect color for me. With the 5 different color combinations, it felt special that she took that kind of approach to achieve the perfect color for me!


With the spray tan service, you are provided a hair cap, disposable underwear and foot pads. It feels a little weird being instructed to move this way and that, but it’s important to get all the nooks and crannies when getting sprayed if you know what I mean.

The entire service was probably 30 minutes and extremely THROUGH!



When we were finished, I got dressed in my loose fitting clothes and went to check out. Fantasy Tan also has a line of post service products that I could not resist. I decided on the special body wash and lotion for keeping your spray tan looking fresh.


Since the color takes a few hours to set, it’s encouraged to wait 8-12 hours before taking a shower. It is funny to think about how much you have to “prepare” for services like these, but to get the best results, you really do!

Being a part of the health, wellness and beauty industry, I feel especially blessed to help people feel beautiful from the inside out. I am super excited about these services, and I hope this review will give you a better idea of what to expect before, during and after a Lash Lift/Tint, Eyebrow Tint and Spray Tan at Polished by Claire V.!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan