Slider

Fresh Face

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Today, I did something I have never done before...I have created a BLOG! I am blogging? I am a BLOGGER?

Lord, what have I gone and done now?

Let me preface and say that I am in NO way the best writer. I am scared to DEATH. I don't even know if people read blogs anymore. Do they?

For some reason, it's got me excited and I want to.
For some reason, I feel a need to get things out.
For some reason, I want to write.

 Lately, I feel that things have become so quick and fast. Especially on social media. The things I want to say may be better explained and heard here, so I thought why not give it a try?

Now we are are finished having children, I recently decided to take on a condition I have called Melasma. If you are a new mom, you know EXACTLY what I am talking about. It's that brown patchy, hyper-pigmentation you can get due to the hormones of having children. Needless to say, I am very insecure about it and I am finally able to start treatment. As a health and wellness coach, most people see me without makeup. I know it may seem vain, but I would LOVE to be able NOT to wear any makeup and not think twice about it!

Soooooooo...... Today, I had my first CHEMICAL PEEL treatment. It was less than relaxing, but it always feels nice to have someone else do something to you, right?


Here are a few of the highlights and what to expect:

* The treatment itself stings a little, but it's not too bad!
* It took about an hour start to finish.
* I can't wash my face until tomorrow morning.
* I can't touch my face until tomorrow morning.
* I can't snuggle with the kiddos.
* I can't workout for at least two days (NOT excited about that).
* I must stay out of the direct sun for a few days.
* I hope to see a difference in a few months.

Over the next day or so, I have decided to just lay low. I might do some yin yoga and work on some things that I need to get done anyway...oh and start a BLOG!

I am currently looking into both Obaji and PCA projects. To all you mamma's out there, if you have any suggestions on how you treated this, I would love to hear!

xoxo, Saralyn

2 comments:

  1. Been fighting it since reade was about 1! I use obagi (from a dermatologist) skin products , never go out without sunscrren, & wear hats outside. It is better in winter, worse in summer. Comes back a little every summer no matter how much I keep out of the sun. Proud of you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the sweetest Jennifer! Thank you for sharing too! Your support means so much!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan